In order to achieve unnatural colored hair such as: blue, pink, red, purple, & etc.
- First step: is to get your hair yellow to white blonde by bleaching your hair. You will need bleaching powder, and a developer. I personally use L’Oreal Quick Blue (bleaching powder). I bought this at Sally’s Beauty Supply on sale for $14 USD. Size 16 oz. I mixed it with Ion Sensitive Scalp Volume 30, Volume 40 recommended (developer). I also bought this at Sally’s Beauty Supply for about $5 USD. Size 32 fl. oz.
- Second step: is to pour the 2 products in a bowl. I usually have an equal amount of product in the bowl. Half bleaching powder and half developer. Mix the 2 products thoroughly. You can find a bowl like this on Ebay or Sally’s.
- Third Step: Apply equal amount of bleaching product to the hair. After you apply the product, you can either foil your hair or bag it. The foiling and bagging (hair cap/plastic bag) helps fumigate/speed up the bleaching process due to the heat created by your head.
- Check the bleaching process at regular intervals (every 15-30 mins) until you achieved the desire shades/lightness blonde.
Reaching to the end not being satisfy: Even after 50 minutes you have not achieve the desire shades of blonde you may rinse off the bleaching product and repeat it one more time. At most, leave it for another 50 minutes. Make sure you check the bleaching process again for every 15 minutes.
- Make sure you deep condition your hair, and leave it in for about 3 minutes long depending on the hair condition brand.
- When your hair is dry, you may apply hair color products: Manic Panic, Raw, Jamz, & etc. Leave it in for 10-30 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- any concerns or questions feel free to ask me. *note* I am no hair dye expert, I did not go to beauty school; just the matter of experiences.